Safety and Environmental Policy
DGE is committed to operating safety and protecting the environment. We’re proud of our environmental performance. The safety and protection of our employees and the environment are top priorities at Deep Gulf Energy Companies and are fundamental aspects of our company culture and value system. This dedication to safety excellence is incorporated into all of our activities and operations. Each Deep Gulf Energy Company strictly complies or exceeds all US federal safety regulations and industry standards while operating within the Gulf of Mexico.
- Days Since Last:
- Recordable: 788 Days
- LTI: 4,598 Days
- Incident Statistcs:
- TRIR: 0.00
- 2017 Manhours To Date:
- 222,136 Hours
- 33,852 Hours – DW Asgard
- *DGE Companies TRIR based off company-wide exposure hours.
- *Industry TRIR based on Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) NAICS 211 (Oil and Gas Extraction) www.bls.gov/ (Bureau of Labor Statistics has not issued 2014 data because data did not meet BLS reporting criteria and has not issued data for 2015 or 2016.)
- *IADC TRIR based on IADC U.S. Water Statistics; data gathered from IADC ASP/ISP yearly reports 2005-2016 www.iadc.org/isp/
2017 Safety and Environmental Performance
- Total Recordable Injury Rate – 0
- Lost Time Injury Rate – 0
- Environmental Incidents or Spills – 0
- Incidents of Non-Compliance – 0
Safety and Environmental Management System
- Deep Gulf Energy Companies have a proven track record for safety, environmental protection, technical competence, and regulatory compliance.
- Deep Gulf Energy Companies have implemented and operate with a comprehensive Safety and Environmental Management System (SEMS) program to identify, address, and manage safety and environmental impacts and issues during design, drilling, construction, startup, operation, inspection, and maintenance of new, existing, or modified facilities in the Gulf of Mexico, Outer Continental Shelf.
- Deep Gulf Energy Companies implementation of SEMS is creating safer and environmentally protective facilities.
- Deep Gulf Energy Companies verify that work locations adhere to our standards through field evaluations.
Deep Gulf Energy Companies Contractor Management
- We value our contractors and partner with them to deliver high quality projects that produce oil and gas in a safe and environmentally responsible manner in the Gulf of Mexico.
- Contractors play a vital role in executing work in our deepwater projects with their extensive experience and commitment to safe and environmentally responsible operations.
- We utilize ISNetworld and a team of dedicated safety and environmental professionals to evaluate our contractors’ performance as well as their health, safety, and environmental programs.
- We evaluate all contractors’ performance and ongoing programs prior to their initial hire and every two years to confirm high safety, environmental, and technical standards of work execution.
We are proud to work with contractors whose historical safety and environmental performance is better than the industry average.