Health, Safety and Environmental Policy
The health and safety of people and protection of the environment are top priorities at each Deep Gulf Energy Company and are fundamental aspects of our culture and values. As such, each of our companies is committed and dedicated to conducting business in a manner that protects the environment as well as the health and safety of our employees, contractors and communities in which we operate. This dedication to safety and environmental excellence is incorporated into every activity and operation. We are proud of the health, safety and environmental performance at each of our companies.
The following Health, Safety, and Environmental (HSE) principles have been adopted by each of our companies, which we believe help demonstrate our commitment to health and safety of people as well as protection of the environment:
- Implementation of a Safety and Environmental Management System (SEMS) that protects the health and safety throughout our organization.
- Involvement of all managers, supervisors, and employees in the development and implementation of HSE policies and procedures.
- Designing and conducting operations to mitigate adverse human and environmental impacts and providing work places free of recognized safety hazards.
- Complying with all applicable health, safety, and environmental laws, regulations, and guidelines.
- Considering health, safety, and environmental impacts when evaluating economic factors.
- Empowering all workers to raise concerns and stop work if they recognize an unsafe situation.
- Ensuring employees are provided the needed training to perform their job in a manner that maintains a safe and healthy work environment.
- Participation in initiatives designed to enhance knowledge and improve technology, laws and regulations.
- Monitoring, evaluating and regularly reporting performance in health, safety, and environmental protection and actively pursuing continuous improvements.
Days Since Last (November 14, 2017):
- Recordable: 935 Days
- LTI: 4,745 Days
- *DGE Companies TRIR based off company-wide exposure hours.
- * BSEE TRIR based on BSEE OCS Performance Measures Incident Rates 2000-2016
- *IADC TRIR based on IADC U.S. Water Statistics; data gathered from IADC ASP/ISP yearly reports 2005-2016 www.iadc.org/isp/
Safety and Environmental Management System
- Deep Gulf Energy Companies have a proven track record for safety, environmental protection, technical competence, and regulatory compliance.
- Deep Gulf Energy Companies have implemented and operate with a comprehensive Safety and Environmental Management System (SEMS) program to identify, address, and manage safety and environmental impacts and issues during design, drilling, construction, startup, operation, inspection, and maintenance of new, existing, or modified facilities in the Gulf of Mexico, Outer Continental Shelf.